January (Volume 48:1, #342)
- Review: David Rudd. The Routledge Companion to Children’s Literature. Read Review by Ernest Davis.
- Review: Beth Bernobich. Passion Play. Read Review by Berni Phillips Bratman.
- Review: David C. Downing. Looking for the King: An Inklings Novel. Read Review by Sarah Beach.
- Review: Russell Celyn Jones. The Ninth Wave. Read Review by Alana Joli Abbott.
- Review: Andrzej Sapkowski. Blood Of Elves. Read Review by Jason Easter.
- Review: Howard Shore’s Score of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Read Review of performance by Jessica Burke.
- Review: Allan Zola Kronzek and Elizabeth Kronzek. The Sorcerer’s Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter. Read Review by Jason Fisher.
February (Volume 48:2, #343)
- Feature: Gospel Echoes in Fantastic Fiction. By Travis Buchanan.
- Feature: Tuckborough. By Mark T. Hooker.
- Review: Doug Adams. The Music of The Lord of the Rings Films: A Comprehensive Account of Howard Shore’s Scores. Read Review by Bethany Waugh.
- Review: Parma Eldalamberon 18. Edited by Christopher Gilson, et al. Read Review by Edward J. Kloczko.
- Review: Parma Eldalamberon 19. Edited by Christopher Gilson. Read Review by Edward J. Kloczko.
- Review: S. Dorman. Gott’im’s Monster. Read Review by Francesca Forrest.
March (Volume 48:3, #344)
- Feature: Pardon Me, Is That an E-Reader You Have? By Berni Phillips Bratman.
- Feature: Gospel Echoes in Fantastic Fiction (Part 2). By Travis Buchanan.
- Feature: Mythcon 42 Approaches. By Leslie A. Donovan.
- Review: Two New Series Starters by Rick Riordan: The Red Pyramid and The Lost Hero. Read Review by Alana Joli Abbott.
- Review: Elizabeth Solopova. Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and Literary Background of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Fiction. Reviewed by Larry Swain.
- Review: Kelly Meding. As Lie the Dead. Read Review byAlana Joli Abbott.
April (Volume 48:4, #345)
- Feature: Tolkien's Ents: Sylvan and Pagan Influences. By Fernando Cid Lucas.
- Feature: Walleyed Criticism. By David Bratman.
- Feature: Lothlórien: The Long Story of a Short Name. By Edward J. Kloczko.
- Obituary: Diana Wynne Jones. ByDavid Bratman.
- Feature: New and Forthcoming Books.
- Review: Tolkien Studies, Volume VII. Read Review byMike Foster.
- Review: Louis Markos. The Life and Writings of C.S. Lewis [audio lecture course]. Read Review by Paula Bergstrom.
May (Volume 48:5, #346)
- Feature: An Interview with A.T. Reyes, editor of C.S. Lewis’s Lost Aeneid. By Jason Fisher.
- Feature: Mythopoesis: “In the Beginning …” By Sarah Beach.
- Report: Mythcon 42: Highlights from Progress Report 1. By Jason Fisher.
- Feature: New and Forthcoming Books.
- Review: A.T. Reyes, ed. C.S. Lewis’s Lost Aeneid: Arms and the Exile. Read Review by Jason Fisher.
- Review: Sherwood Smith. Coronets and Steel. Read Review by Alana Joli Abbott.
- Review: William Lindsay Gresham. Nightmare Alley. Read Review by Ryder W. Miller.
- Review: M.O. Grenby and Andrea Immel, eds. The Cambridge Companion to Children’s Literature. Read Review by Ernest Davis.
June (Volume 48:6, #347)
- Feature: An Interview with Daniel Abraham. By Zach Watkins. Read Interview.
- Feature: The Mysterious “Book of Mazarbul” Reveals More. By Edward J. Kloczko.
- Review: Polly Shulman. The Grimm Legacy. Read Review by Pauline J. Alama.
- Review: John Joseph Adams, ed. Fantasy Magazine (serial). Read Review by Randy Hoyt.
- Review: Oliver Loo. A Tolkien English Glossary. Read Review by Jason Fisher.
- Review: T.M. Doran. Toward the Gleam. Read Review by Sarah Beach.
- Review: Kim Stanley Robinson. Galileo's Dream. Reviewed by Karla Powell.
July (Volume 48:7, #348)
- Feature: The Hebrew and Elvish Languages: Why Do So Many Elves Have Jewish Names? By Zak Cramer.
- Review: Toward the Gleam — Another Perspective. Read Review by Doug Kane.
- Review: Cherie Priest. Bloodshot. Read Review by Berni Phillips Bratman.
- Review: Ethan Gilsdorf. Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks. Read Review by Harley J. Sims.
- Review: Carl Phelpstead. Tolkien and Wales: Language, Literature and Identity. Read Review by Damien Bador.
- Review: Valerie Estelle Frankel. From Girl to Goddess: The Heroine’s Journey through Myth and Legend. Read Review by Hugh H. Davis.
- Review: Lisa Mantchev. Perchance to Dream. Read Review by Pauline J. Alama.
August (Volume 48:8, #349)
- Feature: Mythcon 42 Conference Report. By Sarah Beach.
- Feature: Mythcon 42 Conference Report. By Doug Kane.
- Feature: An Interview with Sheri S. Tepper. By Zach Watkins and Leslie A. Donovan.
- Review: Sheri S. Tepper. The Waters Rising. Read Review by Sara R. Tompson.
- Review: Arne Zettersten. J.R.R. Tolkien’s Double Worlds and Creative Process: Language and Life. Read Review by Andrew Higgins.
September (Volume 48:9, #350)
- Feature: An Interview with Sheri S. Tepper (concluded). By Zach Watkins and Leslie A. Donovan.
- Feature: An External History of the Elvish Languages — Part One. By Edward J. Kloczko.
- Review: Marly Youmans, The Throne of Psyche. Read Review by Randy Hoyt.
- Review: China Miéville, Kraken: An Anatomy. Read Review by Jason Fisher.
- Review: Diana Wynne Jones, Enchanted Glass. Read Review by Pauline J. Alama.
- Review: Kevin Hearne, The Iron Druid Chronicles: Hounded; Hexed; and Hammered. Read Review by Berni Phillips Bratman.
- Review: Kim Harrison, Pale Demon. Read Review by Sarah Beach.
October (Volume 48:10, #351)
- Feature: The Name Bolger. By Mark T. Hooker.
- Review: Kim Harrison, Blood Work: An Original Hollows Graphic Novel. Read Review by Berni Phillips Bratman.
- Review: Donald T. Williams, Stars Through the Clouds. Read Review by Jen Pearson.
- Review: Kaoru Kurimoto, The Guin Saga. Read Review by Daniel Baird.
- Review: Robert E. Howard, Sword Woman and Other Historical Adventures. Read Review by Brian Murphy.
- Review: Kris Saknussemm, Enigmatic Pilot: A Tall Tale Too True. Read Review by Jen Pearson.
November (Volume 48:11, #352)
- Feature: The Status of the Khuzdul Tongue in Middle-earth. By Edward Kloczko.
- Review: ABC’s Once Upon a Time and NBC’s Grimm: Treading Water in the Ocean of Story. New fantasy television; Read Review by Harley J. Sims.
- Review: Maeve Gilmore, Titus Awakes, based on a fragment by Mervyn Peake. Read Review by David Bratman.
- Review: Douglas Charles Kane, Arda Reconstructed: The Creation of the Published Silmarillion. Read Review by Holly Ordway.
- Review: Paul A. Trout, Deadly Powers: Animal Predators and the Mythic Imagination. Read Review by Emily E. Auger
- Review: Salwa Khoddam, Mythopoeic Narnia: Memory, Metaphor, and Metamorphoses in The Chronicles of Narnia. Read Review by Katherine Sas.
December (Volume 48:12, #353)
- Alma Alexander. 2012: Midnight at Spanish Gardens. Read Review by Alana Joli Abbott.
- Douglas “Dag” Rossman. The Dragonseeker Saga: New Tales of the Nine Worlds. Reviewed by Jodie Forrest.
- Robert E. Howard. The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian. Reviewed by Harley J. Sims.
- Peter S. Beagle’s The Secret History of Fantasy, and James Patrick Kelly and John Kessel’s The Secret History of Science Fiction. Reviewed by Ryder W. Miller.
- Daniel A. Rabuzzi. The Choir Boats. Reviewed by Sue Bridgewater.
- Elizabeth Moon. Kings of the North. Reviewed by Jennifer Pearson.
Content copyright 1967-2017 The Mythopoeic Society All rights reserved.