Web Content Editor Needed
Posted on February 09, 2013
The Mythopoeic Society is in need of a new Webmaster. Our departing Webmaster is willing to train the successful candidate how to make changes now, and how to continue improving the content management system for future changes.
- Work with our content management software (WordPress) to create new pages and edit existing pages on the Society’s web site
- Coordinate updates with other Stewards (Executive Board Members), Mythcon organizers, and others
- Schedule updates for regular new content (e.g., book reviews, email newsletters)
- Copyedit and proofread all web content to maintain a consistent voice, tone, and look throughout the website
- Administer email boxes (Google Apps)
- Track and report on site metrics (Google Analytics)
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Council of Stewards
- Work with Society’s Social Media Coordinator to maintain our presence on various networks such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with web-based software (WordPress, Google Apps, MailChimp)
- Image manipulation skills
- Understanding of SEO techniques, FTP, domain registration
An interest in and knowledge of fantasy fiction, especially our core authors, is desirable but not required.
The Webmaster is ex officio a member of the Council of Stewards, the governing board of the Mythopoeic Society. Three of four quarterly meetings are held via conference call (paid for by the Society) and a fourth is held at our annual conference, AKA “Mythcon.”
The Mythopoeic Society is a national/international organization promoting the study, discussion, and enjoyment of fantastic and mythopoeic literature through books and periodicals, annual conferences, discussion groups, awards, and more. We are especially interested in the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Charles Williams, prominent members of the informal Oxford literary circle known as the “Inklings” (1930s-1950s). We are a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, incorporated in California. We are an all-volunteer organization, so this is not a paid position, but the time commitment should not be too great. Consider this a resume-builder and a chance to support fantasy as a genre.
Please reply with a short letter and a resume of your skills to: email@example.com