June 09, 2010: This award has been re-named in honor of our recently deceased colleague and long-time Mythopoeic Society member Alexei Kondratiev, and the deadline for applications has been extended through June 15. Learn More »
Student Paper Award Announced for Mythcon 41: Call for Papers Extended
Posted on March 02, 2010
The Council of Stewards is pleased to announce this new award for the best paper presented at Mythcon by an undergraduate or graduate student. This new award will be introduced at Mythcon 41 in Dallas, Texas in July 2010. As part of this announcement, the Call for Papers has been extended to May 15, 2010.
- An application form must be submitted to the award committee chair, Janet Brennan Croft, at email@example.com, at least 30 days before the first day of Mythcon. (Deadline for 2010 is June 9 June 15.) If you did not receive an application with your paper acceptance and wish to enter, please contact Professor Croft directly.
- The finished paper must be submitted electronically to the chair at least ten days before the first day of Mythcon. (Deadline for 2010 is June 29.)
- The paper must follow Mythlore style guidelines and should be between 4000 and 9000 words long.
- Applicants must be accepted in or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at the time their abstract was submitted.
- You must attend Mythcon and present the paper to qualify for the award.
- The awards committee will consist of the Mythcon paper coordinator, the editor of Mythlore, the Mythopoeic Press secretary, and up to two other Society members if needed.
- The winner will receive a certificate, a one‐year subscription to Mythlore, and half‐off registration for the next Mythcon he or she attends. The winner is also strongly encouraged to submit the paper to Mythlore for consideration.
- The winner will be announced at the Mythcon banquet and on the society’s website, as well as in Mythlore and Mythprint.